Mitigation & Enhancements
We work closely with our clients and other members of project design teams to offer mitigation and enhancement strategies that are not only effective for the wildlife in question but that deliver a cost effective outcome for the client enhancing the site as a whole.
In order to deliver certain mitigation strategies there is an obligation to seek a licence from the relevant Statutory Nature Conservation Organisation (such as Natural England or Natural Resources Wales). GE Consulting have comprehensive experience of gaining licences for an array of species as well as boasting two in-house Low Impact bat licensed consultants and a badger class licence holder (we can close badger setts for developments with planning consent but without a NE licence) .
Our comprehensive services include:
- Species translocation (e.g. reptiles, GCN, rare plants)
- Ecological Clerk of the Works (EcoW)
- Badger sett exclusions, closures & construction
- Bat mitigation strategies including input on lighting plans & roost design
- Habitat management & creation
- Advice & reporting for biodiversity offsetting